Smart Home Security Devices
March 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM
Arlo Pro 2 Security Cameras
Arlo Pro 2 is the most powerful and easy to use wire-free security camera ever thanks to its 1080p video, wire-free simplicity and the option to plug it into a power outlet whenever needed, all in a small weather-resistant design. Features include:
- 100% Wire-Free - Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- 1080p HD - Enjoy amazingly sharp 1080p HD video
- Rechargeable - Easily charge your batteries anytime to stay protected
- Wire-Free or Plugged In - Use wire-free or plugged in the choice is yours
- Weather-resistant - Put Arlo anywhere indoors or out
- 2-Way Audio - Listen in or talk back and forth
- Smart Siren - 100+ decibel siren that can be controlled remotely
- Night Vision - See what's happening even in the dark
- Mobile Alerts - Instant alerts is motion or sound is detected
- Local Backup - Connect a USB drive to the base station for local video backup
- Scheduling - Set automatic monitoring on your schedule
- Geofencing - Set your cameras to arm/disarm based on location
- Activity Zones - Set specific areas to monitor motion when plugged in
Watch over your home in crystal clear 1080HD video, and see, hear and speak to visitors from anywhere. With instant mobile alerts, and two-way talk you can answer the door from your smartphone, tablet and PC
Nest Smoke Detector
The Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has an industrial-grade smoke sensor, tests itself automatically, and lasts up to a decade. It's also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone.
Nest Protect has a friendly human voice that gives you an early warning. That way you can handle burning toast before it becomes a burning toaster.
And when one speaks, they all speak. So the alarm in your bedroom can tell you there’s smoke downstairs.
The foam and particle board in much of today’s furniture make fires burn faster. Technology should keep up. The Split‑Spectrum Sensor uses two wavelengths of light to detect smoke from both fast-burning and smouldering fires.
Carbon monoxide is poisonous, but you can’t see it or smell it. That’s why Nest Protect has a new, long-lasting carbon monoxide sensor that keeps working for up to a decade.
You’re supposed to test smoke alarms monthly. But most people don’t, so Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day. And it’s the first alarm that uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and siren once a month.
No one should be woken up by a low-battery chirp at two in the morning. When you turn off the lights, look for a quick green glow. It means that all your Nest Protects have tested themselves, the batteries are fine and there won't be any chirps
WallyHome Water Leak Detection System
Wally is a revolutionary water leak detection system that uses a patented sensor network and Hub to detect and alert you of water leaks as well as changes in humidity and temperature, keeping small problems from turning into big, expensive ones
Chamberlain MyQ garage Door Controller
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone
- Choose to receive alerts/notifications on your smartphone when you garage door opens and closes
- Works with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors. Compatibility: MyQ smartphone App is available for Apple and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android smartphones and tablets
- Installs in minutes and works with your home's Wi-Fi, via the Chamberlain MyQ Garage App
Haven Mech Smartlock
The Haven Mech is one of the strongest door security devices available, and the small company offers personalized customer service. It loses a few points because it can be unlocked only from inside the house, but it’s still a worthy security investment.
- 10 times stronger than a deadbolt
- Easy and permanent to install
- Simple to lock and unlock (but pet- and childproof)
- Unable to be installed on carpet
- Incompatible with doors that swing outward
- Not possible to be unlocked from outside
Lock and unlock your door with your phone while giving keyless access to family and guests. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt so you can also use your regular keys, and is very simple to install.
If you need any more information or would like assistance in purchasing any of these products. Please contacts us on Sales@mcdonaldsit.co.nz
Created by Andrea McDonald