Job Description – Senior Systems Engineer
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Reporting to: General Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of our growing and well renowned professional team.
McDonalds IT has offices in Auckland and Wellington and provides services for the whole of New Zealand.
Our principles are focused on building long-lasting business relationships by being a trusted technology partner to each of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior IT Systems Engineer who has the ability to be a technical lead to join our highly skilled engineering team in the Wellington office.
The work is exciting and rewarding, and the team work hard with a good degree of fun thrown in.
Sound technical skills, mentoring and strong customer service orientation is essential.
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys multi-customer work and has worked with complex networks, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
An IT qualification such as an MSCE would be Ideal.
What are the key requirements of this role?
- A current MCSE Qualification or above with a minimum of 5 years practical experience at this level
- Experience in migrations in Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience with installing and configuring Server 2012 R2+
- Experience working with complex networks
- Experience working with multi-site / multi customer environment
- Experience with Managed Services environments
- Experience working with Microsoft and other virtualization technology
- Experience working with Microsoft Cloud Technologies (O365 & Azure)
- Data & Email Migration experience
- IT Infrastructure Design for Small to Medium size businesses
- Hyper-V, VMWare, Virtual Machine Migration tools
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SCCM, Group Policy, Server 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Azure, AWS and Data Centre Cloud technologies
- Office 365, Exchange, G-Suite for Business
- Cloud Storage Products - Dropbox for Business, Box, SharePoint
- Networking - Checkpoint, Cisco, Fortinet
- All Windows desktop operating systems and All office suites
- Experience with Apple Mac OS
- High Level Solution Documentation, Statement of Works, Project plans
- Ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical customers
- Comfortable working in an ever changing IT environment
As a person what are you like?
You should be well-presented, have a good telephone manner and an enthusiastic up-beat attitude and a good sense of humor.
You are able to work in a team or on your own with great self-motivation. You’re calm, friendly and able work independently at the same time as being an innovative team player with sound problem solving and collaborative skills.
As a Senior Engineer, you will also be responsible for mentoring your team members so these interpersonal skills are vitally important.
You must have excellent written skills and an eye for detail. You are ambitious and want to develop your capabilities and the skills of those around you ensuring the whole team is always strong and effective.
If you believe you have the correct attitude, personality, desire and experience to be successful in this position we would like to hear from you.
Please send a PDF and word format version of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted if you are chosen for an interview.
We would like to thank all other applicants for your interest and wish you the very best in your search for a position.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.